GET YOUR SHINE ON
Our customer, friend and Winner of NUVITE’s Show Your Shine Sweepstakes Restores a 1966 Airstream Safari
Shares Tips and Tricks for Shine Success
Rub toothpaste on the vehicle (e.g. airplane, airstream) to see if aluminum turns gray. If it does, there is no plasticoat.
Wash the vehicle and mask the tail and marker lights, if there is plasticoat, and apply the plasticoat stripper to the aluminum using 4″ brushes.
Polish with NUSHINE IIC with less angle and pressure to remove remaining surface residue.
Spread NUSHINE IIS using a microfiber cloth and then with a dual-head polisher for the FINAL FINISH.
- Scaffolding is very important, ladders won’t do it.
- Take breaks often, stay hydrated.
- Work on a flat, solid surface, if possible.
- Shade is a must!
- Be patient, it’s a long process, (but WORTH IT!)
- Headphones and a good music playlist!